Meeting in Review: August 7, 2013
- Harriett “Hatsy” Cutshall guest of Eric Fraint
- R. Mallory Starr guest of Doris Margolis
- Obie Eugene Shaw guest of Richard Pyle
- Cynthia Arnold guest of Ken Kimbrough
- Andy Bressler guest of Steve Dingledine
- John Garrett guest of Andrea Ghiaroni
- Diego Grajales guest of Guillermo Grajales
- Albertine Guez guest of Jennifer Hara
- Silvia Musiani guest of Andrea Ghiaroni
- Natasha Eisberg guest of Erminia Scarcella
- Alex Scarcella guest of Erminia Scarcella
- Kassim Durrani guest of Hashim Durrani (from the Sydney Australia Rotary Club)
- Gilda Furbert from the Pembroke Rotary Club
- Liz Salett - August 8
- Myrna Charles - August 4
- Howard Davis announced the DCPS Beautification Day at Stanton Elementary School on August 24 and the volunteer day at Habitat for Humanity on September 14. You may sign up for both online.
- Quentin Wodon gave the Interact update. The Interact Club of Washington International School was created in September 2012 and now has 13 members.
- Movie night for Thursday August 8 was announced by President Shaun. Shaun described Cate Blanchett’s role in “Blue Jasmine” as “mesmerizing.”
- Shaun also announced that Walter Reed Bingo is Thursday August 15. Due to security reasons you must sign up early with Shelly Williams or through the website.
- Red badges were presented by Shaun to new members Andrea Ghiaroni and Heather Jaffan.
Maj. Gen. Fantuzzi has a long distinguished career which began when he graduated first in his class at the Air Force Academy in 1977. Just a few of his accomplishments include gaining the “Top Gun Award”, flying fighter jets, and becoming a test pilot where he tested almost every type of aircraft. More recently, in August 2012, he got his present assignment at the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC.Maj. Gen. Fantuzzi’s talk touched on Italy’s role in a number of international geopolitical issues and military conflicts.
The speaker reviewed Italy’s military capability, global security challenges, national defense policies, and operational commitments.
The meeting support was provided by:
The raffle was sold by Dan Mullin. The small pot of $32 was won by a visiting Rotarian Gilda Furbert. The new large pot went unclaimed at $103.
The hospitality table was handled by Ted Hamady, Balraj Gupta and Stu Shalloway.
Greeters were Diane Eames and Andy Koval.
Meeting in review minutes were handled by Eric Fraint (who takes full responsibility for any errors or omissions)
The meeting was adjourned at 1:30 PM.